Skip to content
COVID19 Update from UME
UME’s top priority is the health, safety and security of our employees, partners, families and communities.
On March 13th, Team UME began a work-from-home program continuing to serve our partners at the highest level. Team UME is both paperless and cloud-based allowing us to remotely serve our partners, while adhering to social-distancing guidelines during this time.
As you know, the coronavirus situation is changing so rapidly. Leadership will continue to meet daily and draw on guidance and recommendations from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, the City of Philadelphia’s Health Department and elected officials. We are closely monitoring the situation here in the region and across the country.
As a result of the questions arising around coverage for testing, we would like to notify you that effective immediately, we will accept the following benefit plan amendments made by employers:
- COVID-19 Testing at 100% coverage with no deductible, coinsurance or co-payment.
- Telemedicine with no deductible, coinsurance or co-payment.
- Upon request from the employer, we will allow for a 30-day supply of maintenance medications to assure an adequate supply in the event of potential quarantine situation, as long as they have been recommended or prescribed by a Physician. Only supplies up to the end of the stop loss policy year will be considered for eligible claims under stop loss.
- Plan amendments must be submitted to the MGU no later than August 30, 2020.
- We will also allow administrative considerations for policyholders that close their businesses due to COVID-19 or governmental order related to COVID-19 effective immediately through April 30, 2020. Requests must be received by April 30, 2020.
- Plan members considered Actively-at-Work the day prior to closure of the business will be considered Actively-at-Work. We will honor employers offering continued eligibility to a plan member who is quarantined and not actively at work. Employees must return to work immediately following a quarantine period in order to continue active at work status. In the event they do not return to work, we would expect the Plan to follow all normal plan language related to continuation of coverage.
Over the next few weeks, we will continue to serve our clients, partners and community with creativity, positivity and inspiration through our digital channels, and we encourage you to do the same. Let’s all do our part to lift each other up in these tough times, while also doing our part to stop the spread of the virus.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
God Bless America.
Anne Marie Chapman
Founder & CEO
Co-Founder & President